Monday, December 1, 2008

Xmas Lights





Okay so I feel like they look a little better then the pictures but I am no expert either. So, as much as I love my Man he isn't so into putting Christmas lights up so I did them myself. I was pretty excited to hang the blue icicle lights that we got last year only to realize that they would barley cover the front of the garage. No worries though, my mom had given me some that she had that were also blue. Once I was hanging them all up I realized how blue my new ones were and that they were not ready to hang all the way down but still wanted to be bunched up like they were in a box. My mom's old lights however were looking a little weathered and hung down just fine but didn't look so blue. So, yes my lights look a little funny but maybe by the end of this year things will even out. I decided that I would add some big blue lights along the walkway and got some cheap plastic stakes to hold them up. It really turns your day the wrong way when you buy two packages of 25 stakes and that is exactly the amount of lights you have, only to find out one bag only had 24 stakes. Yep, I was robbed a stake. I guess being engaged to a handy man that always finds a way to get around the things we do not have has taught me something. I went out and looked for a stick, made it so one end would stake into the ground and made it so my light would notch onto the top. I should have taken a picture since I am quite proud of it. Anyway, I think this year is as good as my house gets for Christmas Decor. I am sure someday when kids are in the house I will want to do more but for now it just seems like a lot of work. Happy Holidays to all:)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Looks like a great house to celebrate Christmas in!