Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Fun

Matt and I had a fun weekend even though it was freezing!! Friday night started out with meeting my friend Heather and her boyfriend Kenny for dinner at Red Robin. We met at 6:30p and ended up staying for 3 hours just catching up on life. I think we realized that our men are a lot alike. It's always nice to be able to go out with other couples and we really enjoyed their company. Saturday was a day of running around for me but the biggest and most important thing I had to do was go to my sister Robin's and help bake a cake for the baby shower I was throwing on Sunday. Robin is awesome at decorating cakes! For those of you who have gone to one of her kids birthday party's you know what I mean. So, as much as I would want to really help her, my talents do not include cake decorating so I actually watched the kids when needed and just sat and kept her company. Of course the kids had to take their part in helping also! I think the cake turned out great, it was a hit at the party. After pretty much most of the day at Robin's and the challenge of getting the cake from her house to mine I was pleasantly surprised by the visit of my cousin's wife Dena. We don't get to see her or the family very often now that they live down south so it's always nice to catch up. It's great how now that we are all getting older and into the marriage stages of our lives you start having more in common again. Sunday was the day of the baby shower. My friend Lisa, who I work with is due the end of this month. The horizon crew always likes to throw a work baby shower so I decided to host it for her. Of course we had bad weather that night so I was a little worried about the turnout but in the end we had a room full of women drinking wine, and I think it turned out to be a great day.

1 comment:

Angela said...

wow, I might have to tap into that expert cake decorating at some point!!