Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Museum of Flight

Last Saturday Matt had this great surprise date for me. He told me how I needed to dress, which for me he knows me enough to say layers and comfortable shoes. The alarm went off at 7am which I was sleeping like a log since I have been so tired lately but I got up and ready and we were off. I only knew we had to drive a couple hours and then would be there. Here we are ready to leave that morning.



Off we went headed south. Things were going good when at about 8am Matt gets a phone call from work asking if he could come in. He lets them know we are headed south and tries to see if he can come in later or the next day. We end up having to take the exit where you head to Anacortes and have to wait for him to make a couple phone calls and see if we need to turn back or not. After another half hour goes by we find out he can keep heading south so we are on our way again. We made it out of Mt Vernon and were just to where it goes to 3 lanes and 70mph when we thought some crazy car was going to pass us only to realize we needed to shoot across a lane and get to the side of the freeway with a blown tire. Of course it was the driver's side back tire and we were right next to a guardrail so we could pull off the freeway anymore. It was a little scary when the semis went by.





Matt changing the flat tire and putting on the spare. He had no clue I was taking pictures of him at the same time. After the tire got changed and we were headed to Les Schwab he wasn't sure he wanted to keep going since we had already had a couple set backs. After telling him that this is life and we can laugh at it later he had a smile on his face and we headed on. Once we made it through Seattle I did guess where we were going and it was the Museum of Flight. They had all kinds of things going on since it was the long weekend. Matt and I both love airplanes so I knew it would be a fun day.

We walked around and looked at the airplanes and toured whatever planes were open to tour including the old Air Force One.

We even took the opportunity to go into two different flight simulators since neither of us have even done that before. I saw the name of the "Big Stud" and had to take Matt's picture. We had such a great day. On our way home we called up my friend Heather who lives in Mt Vernon and met her at Red Robin for dinner.


Thank you Matt for a great day!!


1 comment:

Angela said...

How fun!!! Obviously I haven't talked to you enough lately because I knew nothing about this date!!