Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Farm Visit

In the last two weeks I have been busy with farm life. First Matt and I welcomed little Wesley our newborn calf at out house. I looked out the window and there was nothing then about an hour later I looked again and there he was. This is within a few hours of him being born. He is already really entertaining, he runs all over the field at sun down.

My next adventure was with a few of my girlfriends. I happen to have my niece and nephew that day so Anne & Sarah and Jenny & Jalyn along with Ann's cousin and her two girls decided we would meet for a McDonald's and Farm Day. We met at McDonald's for lunch at 11 to make sure that the kids would be full and ready for play time. I had called my in laws to make sure that it would work for them that we all came over and they were great. My father in law had a calf on a halter so they could lead a calf like a dog, my nephew thought that was great.

We had 4 girls all around the age of 2 so we were busy chasing them. Luckily we had the help of my Mother in Law to chase my niece since she is fearless and walks up to any of the cows. I was busy with Sarah climbing to the top of the hay mound since she wanted to make it to where ever the dogs were. Sarah also has no fear and loved to jump off everything. All the kids let the cows lick them and I even made the parents put there hand in a calf's mouth. We had so much fun with all the kids so Thank you to the Kortus farm for letting us all come visit.
My friend Loralei has been saying for quite sometime that she needed to go to a farm since she had never been to one before. To prepare her I took her to get some new boots to be styling at the farm and we caught Wesley so she could touch a cow first. On Monday Matt decided it would be the perfect day to take her to his parents. So we put on the boots and headed out the door. I am not sure what she thought the whole time since she was kind of quiet but she also put her hand in the mouth of a calf and even pet a few cows. She got daring enough that she even leaned down and pulled on a teat to try and get milk out of it. She took a cow wiping it's snot on her like a champ and did good till we had to run from a cow poohing. I am pretty sure she is ready for anything now.










No comments: