Tuesday, May 5, 2009

ACM's in Las Vegas

Okay so I am a little behind on blogging right now. I was trying to keep things in order so I was waiting to download pics and realized my camera had a dead battery and somehow I lost the charger and had to wait for the new one to show up. On that note, the first weekend of April I took my friend Loralei on her first Vegas visit. We got tickets last September for the Academy of Country Music Awards show. I have been to it before so I know how much fun it is but it was Loralei's first time even to Vegas. The night we got there they were having free country concerts on Freemont St so we of course took advantage of that. We had quite the blast checking out all the people walking by and looking at all the great jeans:) Loralei and I both love jeans so it's kind of our thing to check out. My friend Tory and her fiance Eric met us down on Freemont so I could get my quick once a year visit in with them. It is always great to see them. We actually went back to our hotel before all the concerts were done since we were up early and starting to get a headache. We were both not to into going to the club scene so we spent our days just going into the different hotels and looking at the tourist stuff which was fun. We went down to the mall and did a little shopping to see if we could find something great to wear for the show. It didn't quite work out but we were still feeling good for the main event. The show is hosted by Reba every year and usually has quite a few entertainers. It's like going to a concert with all the top hits playing. We had a great time and I am pretty sure we both put dibs on tickets for next year.


By the way, Loralei was feeling good since we gave her Lynden hair!!


No comments: