Tuesday, April 7, 2009

wedding day part 3

We arrived at Megan's Beach looking for a purple balloon where Colleen would be waiting. She had taken care of a few things for me such as Matt and my flowers and bringing glasses for our sparkling cider. I had been keeping in touch with her through emails and a couple phone calls so I had no clue what I was really looking for.

Collen did a wonderful job picking out the flowers!! She gave us a quick walk-thru of what needed to happen and then we were onto the wedding.

The waves were crashing that day so even though my brother was holding a radio playing the song I chose to have us all walk to you couldn't really hear much. Matt chose his best friend Aaron VandeHoef to be his best man. I of course chose to have my two sisters stand for me. My dad, step mom, stepsister Chris and her husband Rick were all at the beach waiting for us since they were not on the cruise but were part of our wedding.

Aaron walked my two sisters down while Matt waited patiently for my dad to walk me down.


I have to say that I did good until the final hug from my dad then the tears came a little bit but I got it back together quickly.

Everything went awesome. This is one of my favorite pictures of me looking at Matt. I just pray that I look at him this way for the rest of my life. Our vows were awesome even though we are the only ones that heard them or said them since the water was a little load.




Our exchanging of rings!!

A few pictures during the wedding. Our first kiss after the ring exchanging.

Since we could not do a unity candle we decided on a sand ceremony. They say that unless you can separate all the grains of sand back to their original containers you have to stay united. Matt had a glass with black sand and I had one with white sand. I had the glasses all engraved. Matt's had his name and mine had my name then the one we both poured into has two hearts and the saying "two lives become one" with the date of our wedding (March 10, 2009).

The new Mr and Mrs Matt Kortus


Yeah, we are married!!!!















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: