Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 4 St Thomas/Wedding Day Part 1

Day 4 was the big day. We had heard that there was a storm going through St Thomas so I was a little worried about that. Once we left San Juan it was decided that Matt and I should not see each other till we were dressed and ready for our big day. Melissa and Carl being the great friends they are decided that they could part for the night so Carl went and stayed with Matt while I stayed with Melissa. Melissa decided she would start on the first persons hair at 545a and got herself ready before that. I saw us coming into port while I was waiting for my hair to be done, it was a little cloudy so I had to start praying it would all turn out okay. We had told Matt that we would meet him on the 12th floor outside at 8a but to not be looking.




Angela was great on being my assistant and making sure that I looked perfect for my big day. My other sister Tami was in the next room getting my mom and Jalani ready to go. We spent some time trying to figure out how to tie a good bow but gave up after awhile realizing that we were late to meet Matt on the top deck.




Here I am headed down the hall to see my man, the nerves were starting to come by this time, not worried about being married but hoping he would think I looked amazing like I felt. After climbing the last step and going around a corner there was Matt looking out the front of the boat. It was 8:15 so I was fashionably late and it was cloudy still but not to cold.

Here's my man waiting for me to tap him on the shoulders and reveal myself to him. By the way, Matt had never even seen what my dress looked like. Matt had a ring for me for over a year and I never peaked since I wanted it to be a surprise and I had the dress since September and he never looked. At this moment, my heart is beating and I am trying not to cry!! I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around, I can't describe the feeling and the look on his face. Tears came out of both our eyes and we just hugged.


By this time everyone in our group on the boat had shown up. We decided to take pictures on the boat since there was a great view and since we could not leave the boat for a little while yet. Our taxi was to pick us up at 9am to head to the courthouse and then onto the wedding site.


My siblings and of course a picture with my two beautiful sisters who were also my matron and maid of honors.







































































































No comments: