Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Family is Growing

Yes, Yes you are reading that right. Matt and I are very excited to share that we are adding to our family. This time we are not adding another dog but a baby! I think we went through every emotion when we found out but excitement was defiantly what we felt most. So, this is not the normal story of someone finding out they are pregnant. It was a Sunday morning Aug 9 when Matt comes into the bedroom. You can tell he has been up thinking for a little while and of course I am still laying in bed. He walks in and tells me to take a pregnancy test. He tells me that I am a week late and I am thinking he is crazy to know when I should start and besides that I think I am suppose to start the next Monday. I waited for Matt to go back outside, take a test and jump back in bed. I waited for him to come back in and then ask him how he feels if it's negative and then positive. Once he tells me I tell him he's going to be a Daddy. I think we were both in shock a little but very excited. We decided that we wanted to keep it a secret until we hit the 3 month mark and we did. The only person who had to find out two weeks before that is my Mom since she had planned a cruise in April and that is when I am due. I need my Mom there so I had to ask her to cancel her trip. She of course said no problem and that she wouldn't miss this for anything. So at the three month mark we told our secret to family and friends and here I am on week 15. I know I have a long way to go but am finally at the point where I am feeling pretty good again. I am pretty lucky and though I felt like throwing up I never did. The hardest part is that I was sooooo tired all the time. Our due date is around April 15 and so far on all my ultra sounds the baby is moving like crazy. I think it might get the energy of Matt which scares me a little bit. I can't wait to get to feeling it moving since I have to say it's kind of crazy knowing you are pregnancy but not feeling anything and having to wait a month between each time I see it's there and moving. Keep us in your prayers that everything goes well for us. We have a lot to get done before the little one gets here. We hope you are all as excited as we are. I will try and keep you updated on everything through out the next several months.

1 comment:

Dena said...

I didn't cry when you TOLD me this, but for some reason reading it just got me.

I'm so excited for you guys!! Raising kids is the most difficult job you'll ever have! It's the BEST! :)


xoxo